These two day courses will instill the knowledge, skill, and confidence to help others when definitive medical care is over an hour away. They are designed for outdoor professionals and recreationalists alike. These fast paced courses will be driven by skills practice, fueled by fun, and led by an outdoor educator who has been teaching and guiding since 2002.
Scenario based learning will move students’ focus from looking for the “right” answer toward a thought process to find and execute the best solution when faced with undefined situations in the field.
● Preparation & Prevention
● Head & Spine Injuries
● Scenarios, Scenarios, Scenarios
● WFA Philosophy (Protocols, Scene Safety, BSI, etc.)
● Patient Assessment (Primary and Secondary)
● Wound & Burn Care
● Reduction of Dislocations
● Environmental Injuries
● Chest Injuries
● Much More
● CPR offered as a separate, optional module Saturday evening.
Locations & Dates:
Lynchburg, VA (mid-week )
WFA: 03.21.17 (Tues.), 03.23.17 (Thurs.), & 03.28.17 (Tues.)
CPR: 03.30.17 (Thurs.)
Class Hours: 5:00-9:00 pm
Note: For WFA ALL 3 SESSIONS must be attended
WFA: 4.22.17-4.23.17 (2 DAYS)
CPR: Evening of 4.22.17
WFA: 12.2.17-12.3.17 (2 DAYS)
CPR: Evening of 12.2.17
Winter, 2018 Contact Us for details
If you have a group of 5 or more, Contact Us to schedule your own course.
The WFA course will run from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Saturday and 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Sunday. The CPR portion will run from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm Saturday evening.
● No previous first aid training is required.
● You must be 15 years old to attend this course.
● Learning takes place in both the classroom and outdoor settings regardless of weather conditions. Come prepared for wet, muddy, cold or hot environments.
Certification: Certifications are accredited by the Emergency Care and Safety Institute and are valid for two years. To earn Certification, students must have 100% course attendance, complete written pre-course assignments, demonstrate proficiency with practical skills, and achieve passing grades on a final written exam.
Course Tuitions (Includes Textbooks):
● Wilderness Frist Aid: $180
● CPR only: $55
● Wilderness First Aid + CPR: $220
For More Information: Contact Us