One day of focused on water skill development and personalized classroom video review will refine your strokes and teach you the skills needed to gracefully run intermediate to advanced creeks with confidence.
This class will be taught by ACA Kayak & SWR Instructor Trainer Educator Dave Kessmann.
If you’re interested in help with your boating but this class isn’t right for you, contact Dave Kessmann at the address below or look at the course calendar HERE for a variety of classes throughout the year including Instructor Certification, Swift Water Rescue, and Wilderness First Aid. If you’re an ACA Kayak Instructor, this class can be taken as an Update – contact Dave for details.
Format: One fun day with classroom video review
When and Where:
* Contact us and let’s set something up
Class Size: 6 students
* Surfing holes * Boat scouting * Creeking etiquette
* Boofing – all types including water boofs, smears, and fades
* The differences between paddling a creek boat and a play boat or river runner
* Efficiency as the means to Elegance including stroke selection, timing, and mechanics
* Risk management and boat unpinning
* Small class ratio allows flexibility in the topics covered – let us know what you want and we’ll do it
* You must be comfortable on the Lower Yough or equivalent. It’s important that you be able to focus on skills and technique more so than surviving the river.
* Some semblance of a creek boat with float bags, paddle, whitewater helmet, pfd, and skirt
* Food, water, appropriate clothing, and whatever other trinkets and knick knacks you need for a FULL day on the river
$125/student (Includes ACA event membership if needed)
To Register: Go HERE
Email Dave Kessmann < dkessmann (at) gmail (period) com >.
This class is conducted under a commercial use permit and insured through the American Canoe Association.