Two days of focused on water skill development and personalized classroom video review will refine your strokes and teach you the skills needed to gracefully run Intermediate to advanced creeks with confidence.
If you’re interested in help with your boating but this class isn’t right for you, contact Dave Kessmann at the address below or look at the course calendar HERE for a variety of classes throughout the year including Instructor Certification and SWR. If you’re an ACA Kayak Instructor, this class can be taken as an Update – contact Dave for details.
Format: Two fun days with classroom video review
Location: Lower Yough Ohiopyle, PA / Friendsville, MD
Course 1: 10.28.17-10.29.17 (2 day) w. Bobby Miller.
Course 2: 11.04.17-11.05.17 (2 day)
Course 3: 11.11.17-11.12.17 (2 day)
Course 4: 11.18.17-11.19.17 (2 day)
Class Size: 6 students
* Surfing holes * Boat scouting * Creeking etiquette
* Boofing – all types including water boofs, smears, and fades
* The differences between paddling a creek boat and a play boat or river runner
* Efficiency as the means to Elegance including stroke selection, timing, and mechanics
* Risk management and boat unpinning
* Small class ratio allows flexibility in the topics covered – let us know what you want and we’ll do it
* You must be comfortable on the Lower Yough or equivalent. It’s important that you be able to focus on skills and technique more so than surviving the river.
* Some semblance of a creek boat with float bags, paddle, whitewater helmet, pfd, and skirt
* Food, water, appropriate clothing, and whatever other trinkets and knick knacks you need for a FULL day on the river
Cost: (Note: $50 deposit due at registration with balance due first day of class.)
$255/student (Includes ACA event membership if needed and lodging in Friendsville, MD.)
To Register: Go HERE
Email Dave Kessmann . Please put “2016 Fall LY Clinic” in the subject line.
This class is conducted under a commercial use permit and insured through the American Canoe Association.